Saturday, July 19, 2014

Plans for the New School Year

It is that time again. Time to get our curriculum planned for next school year. I think I have it figured out. My plans are to use My Fathers World Exploring Countries and Cultures for Bible, Geography, Science, and History. We started ECC last year, but I felt lead to continue on with Prairie Primer instead. I felt the need to focus more time on Madison's reading, which has improved greatly this year. So, we decided to set it aside and use it this year.
We will continue using Queens homeschooling for Language Arts and Spelling. We used it last year for the first time and really like the  copywork approach.
We will continue with the same Math programs for each one of the girls. Jaelyn loves Math-U-See and Madison is fond of Horizons Math.
Next week, we will attend a Homeshool convention as a family. Well, James will hang out in the motel while the girls and I enjoy the conference. I am looking forward to the classes and learning how to be a better mom and teacher.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment