Sunday, July 20, 2014

Jam and Jelly Time.....

They past couple months, we have been blessed with some delicious fruits and berries.
A friend gave us some plums from his plum tree. I was beyond happy to restock our canning
pantry with some decicious red plum jelly....my absolute favorite.
Another friend picked both she and I  a gallon of blackberries and all the ingredients to make jam in exchange for me making the  jam. Yesterday, I made 16 jars of blackberry jam.....delicious.
Our neighbor gave us 3/4 of a bushel of peaches from his peach tree. I made peach jam for the first time ever......taste like candy....yummy.
I was also given a gallon of frozen mayhaw berries and two gallons of frozen blueberries. I seriously need to get busy making some mayhaw jelly and blueberry jam.
I always hope to make enough that I can skip a year on some things, but I love to give it away as gifts. I had lots of jam and jelly in my canning pantry last year and ended up with just a few jars left. I actually ran out of my favorite plum jelly.
Looking forward to refilling the jam and jelly shelves again.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment