Friday, May 9, 2014

 

Life as we live it.......

We have had some drastic changes in our family recently. We felt the calling to foster children with hopes to adopt and complete the Henson family in Jauary. We took classes throughout the month of February. We completed all our classes and had our health and fire inspection. We were just waiting on our family home study and liscensing. My husband, who had previous back injuries, reinjured his back on March 22. He worked one day afterwards and hasn't returned to work since. He is facing back surgery soon. He has neck damage as well and has to have his neck taken care of first. This has not been an easy transition for us, but we have faith that our God will see us through and provide all our needs during this time. We don't know the outcome, but that doesn't matter. God has our back.  So, things have changed around the Henson place. I am trying my best to do everything that I normally do plus the things hubby did. It is gardening season and mowing season, so I have been busy.......on top of the two hour drives to Dr. visits. BUT.....I have been blessed by neighbors. Two have helped me till the garden. One had done mowing and weed eating for us. I am one THANKFUL mama for the help. We are continuing to homeschool. I have my girls do as much as possible on their own and then I sit and teach what they don't understand. My hubby helps by giving spelling tests and listening to Madi girl read. We had to put our fostering on hold until hubby has surgery and his back heals.   As, I said, we don't know what the outcome will be, but I hope to enjoy this season of life as we live it. 

1 comment:

  1. Tis but a season.... I know one day we are going to look back and see this as part of a bigger plan in your foster-to-adopt story.

    ReplyDelete