Friday, November 14, 2014

 

Blessings

Give thanks always. I have shared with our girls several times lately that there is always something to be thankful for.....during the good times and bad. My family has been tremendously blessed the past week. No, I wasn't handed a wad of money....lol. Some of the blessings from this past week include: some nice, new clothes being given to our girls, jeans, which he desperately needed, being given to James, a few days at a friends camp at the lake, someone asking if they could help buy Christmas gifts for our girls, peaceful moments with my Father, and seeing God at work.
 
 Here a pics of a few other blessings.
 
We have been given a couple bags of satsumas already and today were given this basket full of satsumas. We plan to dehydrate some and juice some as well. 
 
 
The girls picked up a bag of hickory nuts at our Aunts house this evening. I am hoping to make a hickory nut cake with them around Christmas. I remember my mom making one when I was 10ish and I thought it was the best cake ever. Hoping she still has the recipe. Will share when I make it.
 
Also, we were given a deer neck, deer shoulder, and a bag of frozen dew berries.
 
These things may not seem like much to some people, but I feel blessed with by every gift of love I receive. These are amazing gifts for this country gal.....lol. I told James earlier that I feel like we are living the Little House on the Prairie.
 
Be blessed, my friends. Find something to be thankful for each day.
 

2 comments:

  1. Love you girl and your sweet lessons that you share with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you and wish we lived closer to each other. We have soooo much in common. It would be lots of fun learning together.

    ReplyDelete